Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

Thanks everyone for their thoughts and concerns last week while Hurricane Sandy came by.  Rachel and I were quite safe.  Really the hurricane wasn't that bad in DC.  The worse was probably Monday night, but even that wasn't too bad as we were able to go to karate even so!

That being said, on the way back from Karate, we noticed that the power was out!  Next up I thought, dang it the power is out and I live on the 20th floor!  So yes, I contemplated climbing up 19 flights of stairs!  The good news is that our apartment had a backup generator that they use to power 1 elevator, as well as emergency lights.  So thankfully no excess stairs.  We finally got power back on Wednesday, so that means nearly two days without power.  Ah well.  The tough part was that along with our power being out, we didn't have water.  Probably a downside to being on the 20th floor.

Anyways, upcoming this afternoon I am going to introduce the wonders of Settlers of Catan to Marnie and Megan.  Then tomorrow Rachel and I will be at the tournament!  Wish us luck!

As a side note Rachel will be doing burpees for 1 hour straight for charity.  I think she is crazy, but hopefully she will do well!

No comments:

Post a Comment