Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hike part 2.

I took way too many pictures of mountains during my trip. I think its because In Michigan, as well as in the East Coast, really nothing. Well rather the ones we do have, are like small hills in comparison.

Nevertheless about midweek we went to the Lava Bed Parks.

As you can see the ground was covered with the lava rock. It was about 250 years ago that the volcano erupted.
And of course you can't go to a lava bed park without seeing the Waterfalls.
When the lava rolls down the hill, and covers a tree, it burns the tree out, and when it cools of course it forms these tree holes in the rock.
But even here, you can't escape the mountains :-).

But since Mountains seem to be my theme this post, this here was perhaps my favorite. There is something special about a mountain in the background, with water in front. I think my favorite was seeing the reflection of the mountain on the water before it. Ironicaly this picture was taken in late evening. Thus the darker tones to the picture. Yet that in a way I think accentuates the mountain.

Anyways, hope everyone enjoys these pictures :-).

2 comments:

  1. We?? And that last mtn pic is very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course "we" I didn't go to these places alone after all :-)

    ReplyDelete