Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's been too long.

I realized it had been a while since I've updated last so I thought I'd throw up a post here. Sadly not much has gone on since the snowstorm. About two weeks ago now I tested for my purple belt in Karate, that brings me up to the "intermediate" level. So that was exciting, but is probably the most exciting part of my life at least recently.

In other news my favorite author George R R Martin got the green light from HBO to produce a tv series based on my favorite books ever. So needless to say next spring I will be adding HBO to my cable lineup.

Besides that I thought I'd post an article regarding the patent office here. Basicaly there is a lot going on in the whole patent world right now. Lots of political and other pressure to get through the backlog. Some friendly name calling, and mudslinging. And even some fairly decent pending legislation. Its all good stuff. If you are curious about some of the fun things I get to keep in mind at work this is a great article in that it is long, but has most everything interesting/relevent.

2 comments:

  1. I am sure that this new series is going to add four more years to the release of the second half of the book that was released when he was 3/4 of the way done with it.

    He's dead to me, but I will watch the show. About one episode every 4-8 yrs sounds about right. Also, he'll be dead before he finishes the series.Just look at him and do the math.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, wow thats a depressing comment there Stephen. I prefer to look at it the other way though. Now that he has the TV series going it means he *has* to finish the series within the next ten years at least. I mean I think he is quoted as saying once "you can't make a tv series on a book I havn't writen yet".

    In other words, we are almost guaranteed to have the book after Dance with Dragons within Six years, and the following one within seven. Thats more than I would have said before....

    ReplyDelete