Monday, November 22, 2010

Karate Tournament

This past Sunday Nov. 21 I attended and worked the Karate Tournament. As can be seen below, at the end of the day I took home 4 first place trophies and two 4th place trophies.
While all those first looks suitably impressive... it is really easy to get "1st" in board breaking, as a whole group of us ended up tieing. For example breaking 4 boards on Standing and Stepping palm strike. I did though manage to break 6 boards with my side kick, and there was only one other person that I tied with there. So that one at least was pretty exciting! The 4th first place trophy I am quite proud of and was for my spear weapons form which I made sure to get a video of.


The fourth place trophies were for regular forms (which I really honestly felt I should have placed higher with.. but oh well) and sparring. Overall I was very happy with my performance and on the whole I was in a very competitive divisions and feel lucky I was able to place at all.

There was a professional photographer at the event Cascades Photography. They should be posting pictures pretty soon, so if anyone is interested you can look at all the photos for the day, and then you can order pictures as well if you so desire. Once they go live, I might add some of them to this blog if possible otherwise.

*UPDATE*

All the pictures of the tournament have now been posted. I hope you all enjoy them for those of you took the time to look through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment