Monday, November 8, 2010

Dancing and Signing

This past weekend Rachel and I went to a dinner dance sponsored through my work. There was a amazing dinner buffet as well as an open bar, followed by a couple hours of dancing. It was quite nice, and I managed to snap a picture.
This picture has the benefit of us not being sweaty in it like the one from old rag lol.

Then on Saturday we managed to head over to a local Border's Bookstore to catch Brandon Sanderson and Harriet McDougal at a book signing. In this case they were signing "Towers of Midnight" the 13 and penultimate book in the Wheel of Time Series. A series of books I have read since I was in Junior High. The original author Robert Jordan died about three years ago and his widow and editor Harriet McDougal chose Brandon Sanderson for his replacement for the last book (or as it turned out three books) of the series. At the signing both Brandon and Harriet signed my book. Harriet along with discovering and editing all of the Wheel of Time books is also known as the editor on another somewhat known book called "Ender's Game". Anyways it was great meeting them, and I got a signed book out of it!


As an extra bonus can you find waldo?

No comments:

Post a Comment