Sunday, December 4, 2011

Update

As Sara so eloquently pointed out, it too has been a month since my last post, and that one not being too exciting 

But this last weekend was a fun one.  I managed to test for my 3rd degree Brown Belt on Friday night.  It was a very fun test, it was a great group.  Though it lasted from 8:00 pm to 12:00 am.  For those keeping track, this is the penultimate belt before black.  Next time I test it will be for black.  Which, will at the earliest be at least 3 months away most likely.  But I don't know for sure when they will think me to be ready.

After the belt test I managed to get about 4 hours of sleep before having to wake up for the Hot Chocolate 15 k race.  It was a very cold morning, and they ended up delaying the race for an hour... But I finished!  And this on little sleep and when I was already physically tired from the test the previous night lol.  After the race there was some chocolate fondue and some Hot Chocolate provided by Ghiradelli.  Talk about a fun way to end a race lol.  For those interested the results are here if you look at the list Rachel did an amazing job running an 8:23 mile, and placing overall 1659.  Myself I didn't do quite as well, running a 10:04 minute mile and coming in  6061 place overall.  Don't hold it against me, I'm convinced I could have been solidly under a ten minute mile had I, you know not started the race sleep deprived and tired lol.

Update:

Some pictures from the Run HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment