Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Karate Tournament

This past Weekend we had a Kempo Tournament that both Rachel and I competed in. I did pretty well I thought, I placed 1st in forms, and kempos, and 2nd in sparring. Then I picked up a trophy for side thrust kick board breaking as well. Rachel also did very well, getting 2 firsts and a second? She beat all the other girls at palm strike by breaking 3 boards! I fear her hands.....

Anyways, mom was there and managed to get some pictures... though they might be a little funny looking.... well lets find out!


This last one is of Carlos, he is a 4 year old that I teach his private lessons on Wednesday nights. He received 2 first place trophies and a 2nd place! He did awesome, and he was super excited and wanted to get a picture with me lol. By the way he is the cutest kid ever.

Unfortunately I was unable to get a video of my weapons form this year, due to technical difficulties with the camera (read: droid 2 phone) that we were using. But here is a video of me doing my form Pinan 5 tonight at academy. Which was the form I did and got 1st place at the tournament.
.


Aaaannnndd.. Here is a link to someone who videoed all the black belt part of the competition if you are all interested/curious.

2 comments:

  1. Nice form. I want to see more weapons though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually hit the ceiling of the ballroom with my Shaolin Staff. The staff is about 80-82 inches long, and there is one part of the form where I jump up and slam the staff to the ground. During said jumping I hit the ceiling, with a satisfying "thunk", missing the chandelier by a foot or two maybe....

    In my feedback to Mr Santillo following the tournament I told him that we need a venue with taller ceilings. He just shook his head at me.

    ReplyDelete